Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Read me first - How to Get Acct - House Rules
01-01-2013, 07:58 AM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2013 07:31 AM by janmato.)
Read me first - How to Get Acct - House Rules
Welcome to the toki pona forum.

How to get notified of responses
You have to click subscribe to each thread you are interested in, even if you are the person who started the thread. This is different from the default behavior on the old toki pona forum. Look at the bottom of the page on any new or existing post to find the Thread Subscriptions section.

Accounts here and toki lili
It helps a lot of if you pick a name starting with jan (person) or meli (lady) or mije (sir) or soweli (animal) or waso (bird) or the like. I can generally approve users with a "jan" name immediately because no spammer has ever signed up with a jan name.

Here is a tool for picking or transliterating your name.

The sign up page will ask you for a toki pona vocab word. This page here has enough info for you to solve it.

Toki lili has severe spam problems, so approvals are manual. It can take me weeks or months to remember to check, try sending me (janMato) a message on twitter or on this forum if it looks like I forgot you.

House Rules
Language
Toki pona is fairly hard to use as a general purpose language so please don't let yourself be bothered if people switch back and forth between English and toki pona. Feel free to try other languages, including Esperanto, French, Russian as there are a lot of speakers of those languages in ma pi toki pona.

There is a forum where the background language is French

Okay, I've installed a boatload of localizations, you can pick a different forum language at the bottom of any page.

Bad Behavior
Arguments will be tolerated until they get heated and then the thread will be closed. Be nice, this isn't fight club.

How to contact the administrator
If you have registration problems or if PM fails, try @janMato on twitter.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply